The Brazilian National Library (BN) maintains partnerships and actions of cooperation with diverse institutions, for knowledge exchange, promotion of research and best practice of organization, management, conservation, preservation and valuation of the heritage, defining common projects to strengthen the role of the institution in the national and international scopes.
Beyond the agreements, BN is part of multilateral discussion forums, contributing for its insertion in debates of international reach; technician development of its servers; and strategical positioning.
Examples of International Partnerships
- IFLA - International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions
(International Federation of Librarians Associations and Institutions )
- IFLA-LAC - Latin America and the Caribbean Section
(Latin America and the Caribbean)
- IFLA-PAC - IFLA Strategic Programme on Preservation and Conservation
(for preservation and conservation)
- CDNL - Conference of Directors of National Libraries
(Conference of Directors of National Libraries)
- ABINIA - Association de Bibliotecas Nacionales de Iberoamérica
(Ibero-America National Libraries Association )